This issue of windows updates stuck while checking for the update process could happen due to several reasons, therefore, we present you with the best remedial solutions in order to solve it. You must ensure the fact that. Before starting this procedure you possess a genuine activated copy of windows in your system. Also, you have a good internet connection and most importantly you must have admin rights to the computer which you need to troubleshoot.
How to Fix Windows Update When It Gets Stuck
Method 1: Run Windows Update approx for 1 hour
With the tremendous increment of windows updates packages, the selection process for the most desirable package for your PC could be tough enough for the windows update agent. Although, many people have reported the fact that the “Checking for updates” step generally takes about an hour after which windows update starts working efficiently and detects the packages that are needed for your computer system. So if you have not yet performed this process on the computer for the “Checking for updates” stage for an hour then it is advisable for you to try it out.
Disable Sleep mode from Power Setting
This procedure will secure the update from getting obstructed in between so that we could open the power options and hence could make the required essential changes to make sure that your system does not go to sleep mode.
To do so you need to follow the steps as follows.
- Simply Right-click on the start button
- Then choose power options
To ensure the fact that DNS resolution executes properly we need to flush the DNS settings. The very First step should be that, we must open a command prompt in admin mode. In Windows 10 it could be done as follows.
- You need to Right-click on the start button
- Choose a command prompt admin (In Windows 11: Windows Terminal Admin)
Let the admin CMD be left open as it is going to be used in this method also.
In the command prompt type
- ipconfig /flushdns
- And press enter key.
Now once again you are required to start the windows update and just leave it approximately for one hour. If this method does not seem to work then try another one.
Method 2: Windows Update Troubleshooter & Update Errors
Microsoft provides automated tools that diagnosis for resolving common errors in the windows update agent, you may download it using the below link:-
1. Download Windows Update Troubleshooter
2. After running the diagnostic tool you may restart the system and once again try to update the windows.
3. If you see a specified update error. Microsoft has developed a knowledge base providing step by step guidelines for resolving them check the link given below:-
4. Get Help on Specific Update Error Code
Method 3: Offline Windows Update Tool
we can develop a repository of windows update files with the help of this tool, which we could transfer to any storage medium like for example pen drive, hard disk(external), etc. And could use it to update windows machine that even has no internet connection. But the major reason why we would be using the concerned tool is it does not depend on the Microsoft Windows update client for downloading process and installing updates. Hence even if your update agent is broken it could still install the needed updates and fix the update client.
You may download the offline update tool from the link given below.
- As soon as you extract the zip file
- You need to Open wususoffline folder
- Then Click on updategenerator.exe
- After that Check for your os version and architecture
- Next, Check for Windows defender definitions
- Rest you could keep it at the default settings
- Now Click on the start
After the download process is finished
- You are required to open the client’s folder
- Simply Click on updateinstaller.exe
- Now, Check the automatic reboot and recall
- This will install all your downloaded updates automatically on your computer.
- Next, Click on the start
Hope you like this post and found it much familiar. This procedure is quite easy to handle. You may share the details with your friends and family. For any assistance, you may contact us.